Chemical name: Difluoromethane
Common name : R-32
Forane® R-32 is a pure component refrigerant with a GWP of 677 according to AR5
Slightly flammable (A2L according to the ASHRAE 34), Forane® R-32 can be used in new equipment designed specifically for mildly flammable refrigerants as a replacement for R-410A equipment. Its low density allows for the use of a smaller refrigerant charge. Consequently, there is a double advantage of Forane® R-32 versus other high-density solutions.
Equipment manufacturers reported a 30% refrigerant charge reduction. Meaning, the CO2 equivalent refrigerant charge for a 1kg R-410A installation will be:
- For Forane® 32: 1kg x 70% x 677 = 474 kg equivalent CO2
- For R-410A: 1kg x 2100 = 2100 kg equivalent CO2
Therefore, the use of Forane® R-32 instead of R-410A shows a reduction of more than 80% of the direct emission impact on global warming.
Effective Forane® R-32 GWP (AR4) is 675.
Forane® 32 can be used for cooling (left hand) or heating (right hand) applications, as shown in the graph below.
In order to be used for different applications, compressor manufacturers developed special compressor types for R-32 refrigerant. Some compressors are equipped with a special cooling system as a liquid or vapor injection, in order to increase the compressor’s envelop to high condensing temperatures.
Forane® 32 can be used for all types of air conditioning technologies, including heat pumps and water heaters. You can also find refrigeration equipment using Forane® 32 refrigerant in the market.
- When using Forane® 32, equipment manufacturers reported an increase in system efficiency and seasonal energy efficiency ratio.
- Forane® 32 allows the use of the same existing component technologies developed for R-410A installations.
- Forane® 32 allows for the use of smaller compressor and heat exchanger versus R-22, which lowers manufacturing equipment cost.
- Forane® 32 equipment size is reduced versus R-22 equipment, which allows for easier handling and integration in the buildings.
- The GWP of Forane® 32 is 677 according to AR5, and the effective FORANE® 32 GWP is around 474.
- As a single component refrigerant Forane(R) 32 has zero glide and is easier to recycle at end of life.
Forane® 32 basic properties:
|ASHRAE Standard 34 classification||A2L|
|Global Warming Potential (AR4/5)||675 / 677|
|Ozone Depletion Potential||0|
|Normal boiling temperature (°C)||-51.6|
|Critical temperature (°C)||78.1|
|Critical pressure (bar abs)||57.8|
|Saturated liquid density at 40°C (kg/m3)||893|
|Saturated vapor density at -18°C (kg/m3)||12|
Forane® HTS 1233zd refrigerant is non-ozone depleting and is a low GWP HFO refrigerant. Forane® HTS 1233zd is used in centrifugal chillers ...
Forane® 449A (XP40) is a R-404A & R-22 retrofit with reduced (AR4) GWP of 1,397 and higher efficiency for low and medium ...
Forane® 134a (R-134a) is a non-ozone depleting HFC with properties very similar to R-12. It can be used both as a pure refrigerant ...
Forane® 22 refrigerant (R-22) is used in a broad range of applications, including residential and commercial air ...
Forane® 404A (R-404A) is a non-ozone depleting, near azeotropic blend of HFC refrigerants R-125, R-143a, and R-134a, and is formulated ...
Forane® 407A (R-407A) is a non-ozone depleting, zeotropic blend of HFC refrigerants R-32, R-125, and R-134a. ...
Forane® 407C (R-407C) is a non-ozone depleting, zeotropic blend of HFC refrigerants R-32, R-125, and R-134a, and has been ...
Forane® 408A refrigerant (R-408A) is a low-ozone depleting, near-azeotropic HCFC-containing blend of R-22, R-125, and R-143a, ...
Forane® 410A Refrigerant (R-410A) is a near-azeotropic refrigerant mixture composed of two hydrofluorocarbons (HFC) R-32 and R-125, which does ...
Forane® 507A (R-507A) is a non-ozone depleting, azeotropic blend of HFC refrigerants R-125 and R-143a. R-507A has ...